Technology in the Classroom
At Richmond Hill High school, emphasis is focused on allocating learning technologies in the classroom, where students can benefit from a streamlined integration of technology from their teacher on a daily basis. All academic rooms at RHHS have a tailored combination of technology tools that assist teachers in being more efficient and effective in their instructional practices.
Every classroom has at least one;
- modern presentation computer,
- monochrome LaserJet printer,
- ceiling mounted digital projector,
- high speed Internet connection,
- connection to the school network infrastructure.
Based on identified subject needs, all educational classrooms are equipped with at least one or more of the following technological teaching tools:
- Wireless presentation tablet (SchoolPad)
- Digital Document Camera (ELMO)
- Voice Amplifications System (Redcat)
- Modern Student Computer Workstation
- Mounted Smartboard
- Wireless presentation remote
- DVD/VCR Combination
- Student Response Device System
Richmond Hill High School currently has five complete computer lab environments that teachers can reserve on a daily basis for hands-on academic use. Three labs are wireless mobile labs that contain 25-36 modern Dell Latitude Laptops. Two stationary lab contains 33-35 modern Dell OptiPlex desktop computer workstations.